Most people do not spend their day-off holidays happily. Here's how to make the most of your own company and have an enjoyable day off.
1. Spend time doing what you want to do! It's your holiday- spend it how you would like. Think of things that you wish you had time for when you're busy. It could be taking a long walk, sleeping in, watching daytime TV...anything!
2. Use your time effectively. Take advantage of having some time on your hands. Use it to organise your closet, catch up on the laundry or get down to some DIY. You'll go back to work feeling like you've really accomplished something and had productive days off.
3. Catch up with your friends and family. If you've been busy at work, you may not have been able to socialise as much as you would have liked. Use your time to drop some chatty emails, make phone calls to old friends or to catch up with family members. They will appreciate your time.
4. Or enjoy your own company! Being alone doesn't need to be a negative thing. Buy in your favourite foods, pamper yourself and take some me-time.
5. Spice up your physical! Get out to the fresh air and go for a jog, do some yoga or walk the dog! The combination of oxygen and exercise will ensure you get a good quality sleep and you will be able to return to work feeling energised!